St. Joseph Health System, Bryan, Texas
Oversee the St. Joseph Health System benefit programs by directing enrollment, checking eligibility, assisting employees and working with vendors to ensure effective and competitive coverage for our organization and team members.
Required: Bachelor's degree
Preferred: Master's degree
Preferred: Business, HR management, Health Care administration
Required: Three to five years
Preferred: Five to seven years
Preferred: PHR or SPHR
1. Directs the day-to-day enrollment and eligibility of members coming onto benefits to ensure timely enrollment. This includes establishing deadlines and processes for open enrollment to allow for a smooth informational enrollment for our team members, and
presenting benefit orientation to achieve successful on-boarding of new team members.
2. Manages all benefit plans including health, dental, vision, tax-deferred annuities, retirement, disability, life insurances, flexible spending accounts and critical illness to result in cost savings to the organization while offering desired benefits to our team members. This includes establishing relationships with vendors to offer the best price for various benefit plans and compiling monthly invoices for all benefit plans to maintain active policies.
3. Manages insurance claims processes including approving weekly funding of health plan claims to allow for accurate and timely claims paid by the health and dental plan, processing all disability and life insurance claims to result in timely benefit payments to our team members, and reviewing claims experience and sharing information with reinsurance carrier to receive timely reimbursements.
4. Collects missed premiums from team members to maintain active coverage on team members out on FMLA or any other type of leave.
5. Submits annual pension data to update values of team members' retirement.
6. Furnishes details to the health insurance appeals committee to encourage a fair review and decision for all health plan members and dependents.
1. Performs other duties as assigned to meet the organizations needs.